CORPORATE FITNESS-FRONT PAGE NEWS
- “Study: Obesity Costs Employers: Firms urged to invest in worker fitness” Daily News, April 24th, 2007
- “Obesity Fight Now Personal for HHS Chief“-Washington Post
- “Working Well: At More and More Companies, Health Coverage Expands to Include Wellness and Prevention“-Pittsburgh Post Gazette
CORPORATE FITNESS-THE HEALTH PROBLEM
- About 400,000 deaths per year in the U.S. (17%) are due to poor diet and physical inactivity
- 1 in 5 Americans has high blood pressure
- An estimated 104.7 million Americans have cholesterol levels that are high and borderline high
- 798,000 new cases of type 2 diabetes (adult onset-non insulin dependent) are diagnosed every year
- Nearly 2 out of 3 ( 64.5%) of US adults are overweight or obese
- Obesity is a greater trigger for health problems and increased health spending then smoking or drinking. Individuals who are obese have 30% to 50% more chronic medical problems then those who smoke and drink heavily
CORPORATE FITNESS-THE MONEY PROBLEM
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor and Statistics, by the end of 2006 healthcare costs are estimated to reach $2.2 trillion in the United States
- IHRSA reported that employers are paying $13+ billion dollars annually due to obesity and poor health conditions of employees and that there were 18 million reported sick days in 2001. That is the equivalent to 40,000 working years that were racked up by weight sicknesses and conditions
- Obesity accounts for approx 9.1% of total annual medical care expenditures
CORPORATE FITNESS– THE BOTTOM LINE
Reduced Health Care Costs
- The American Journal of Health Promotion found that the Steelcase Corporation’s medical claim costs were 55 percent lower among corporate fitness program participants than non-participants over a six-year period-an average of $478.61 for participants, versus $869.98 for non-participants
- The National Business Group on Health reported that 27% of companies said they have saved money on the cost of health care
- Health Values reported that Union Pacific Railroad found that 80 percent of its employees believed their exercise program was helping them become more productive at work, and 75 percent thought regular exercise was helping them achieve higher levels of relaxation and concentration.
- A study conducted by Health Partners of Minneapolis demonstrated that fit workers or normal weight perform better, produce more, are absent less, get along with co-workers better then their obese peers
- Health Values watched DuPont reduce absenteeism among participants in its corporate fitness program by 47.5 percent.
- The Canadian Life Assurance Company found turnover among its fitness program participants 34.4 percent lower over a seven-year period compared with non-participants during that same time.
Positive Return on Investment
- The America Journal of Health Promotion linked $3.48 healthcare savings to every $1 spent on work-site health promotion. They reviewed Blue Cross Blue Shield of Indiana for over 5 years realized a 250 percent return on its corporate fitness program investment
- Fitness Incentives reported that some companies have achieved as high as $6 savings for every $1 spent on wellness and incentives
CORPORATE FITNESS– THE SOLUTION
Many companies of all sizes are actively integrating physical fitness as part of their employees’ lives. We all know the proven health benefits of exercise and good nutrition but simply telling someone to exercise, how often and how long to do it, and what to eat and what not to eat is not enough.
You may have corporate gym memberships however this is not a solution either. Thousands of people join gyms every month with memberships going unused whether they or their company picked up the expense. They need guidance and accountability.
Invisible Fitness can provide that for you on a custom basis. Here are some of the recent testimonials from sales associates on a corporate program with us:
“I LOVE IT! I got the workbook, pedometer and other items and started reading the material. I didn’t really jump right in but I did start looking at food and exercise differently. I started making better choices and drinking a LOT of water. I took all my measurements, and made my goals for 30-60-90 days. I have already lost 10 pounds in 30 days - without really starting the program all the way. My doctor says I should be able to stop the high blood pressure medicine – and my husband thinks I look great. The program is easy to understand – and easy to follow – and it works! THANK YOU!!!” Rebecka F: Justin,Texas
“The workshop that J.J. presented to our team was fantastic and we all attained great benefit from her wisdom and enthusiasm! Following the workshop, we all received products and programs. The 90 Day program, although dealing very much with physical health and well being also deals with the mental and emotional balance life needs to be complete. This program has made a tremendous difference to me in overall life management and made me more effective across all my roles
In 90 Days, I have lost over 10 pounds, 3% body fat, 5 inches and I went from wearing a 12/14 down to a 10! My injured back feels strong and pain free and I am shocked at how we have rehabilitated my knee- all over the phone and with the 90 Day materials.
I can’t endorse J,J., Invisible Fitness and the 90 Day Health and Body Makeover Program enough for its structure and holistic approach. It works with my body, family, job and life. I’d recommend this program to everyone!” Jacqui K: Wantagh, NY
“My company enrolled me in the 90-day program with JJ at the onset of the busiest and most stressful cycle I experience with my job. After just a couple of weeks of consistent exercise and healthy eating, I realized that I wasn’t coming home exhausted and mentally drained. I didn’t ache when I got out of the car after driving three or more hours a day. I wasn’t grumpy.
The program works because of the personal attention JJ gives each client. My weekly calls with JJ were an opportunity for me to ask questions, share my successes and frustrations, and gain more insight into the reasons why I was having success or setbacks. Each phone call helped me learn a little more about myself and the habits and attitudes I had toward exercise and food. JJ is more than a trainer. JJ helped me identify and manage my excuses and impulses. She helped me focus on the reasons why I could and should make better choices. JJ’s program is empowering and helps establish habits that go far beyond the 90-day workbook.
On the 89th day of my 90-day program, I jogged in a 5K, and finished 20 minutes sooner than I had calculated I could! A year before, I stood on the sidelines at this same race and cheered my husband to the finish line. I remember thinking then that there was no way I would ever want to run…much less choose to run in a race. This year, registering for the race was my idea, and I was able to run more of the race than my husband!
After 90 days, I dropped from a size 16 down to a size 12 (but I’m almost in a 10!). I lost seven pounds and 11 inches, and I lowered my body fat by 4%! But the biggest improvement is that I am committed to being good to myself. For the firs time in my life, I have made my own health a priority” Renee L, Austin, TX
“I have to tell you that your program was outstanding! I was a little reluctant at first, I have played sports and lifted weights for over thirty years and I was always was taught to give 110% but never had the good training. Well consequently I have ended up with a few injuries over those years. Your program allows me to get a great work out with out the pain I get with the other types of training that I do. I am able to work out in my Hotel rooms when I travel, which is becoming more and more everyday. I learned more from you about my body and the limits in three hours than I have in thirty years of reading and training. I also received nothing but great comments from my team. “ Chip Stanley, Safety Program Consultant PG&E
As a Pacific Gas and Electric Company Safety Supervisor, and a member of the Power Generation Division Safety Team, I had the opportunity to utilize the services provided by Invisible Fitness in support of the company’s 2008 focus on personal accountability. The Power Generation Division’s focus was on personal accountability for one’s own wellness. Invisible Fitness guided close to one hundred Power Generation Humboldt Bay Power Plant employees through nondestructive personal fitness self-evaluations. While at the onset of the meeting most felt that they were in fairly good physical condition, the self-evaluation process led by JJ Flizanes showed us that there was much room for improvement. This was an eye opening experience that started us in the right direction to increase the general well being of our employees. We participated in a professional three hour presentation, conducted by an obvious expert in her field that held the full attention of the meeting attendance. At the end of the session each employee had a wellness plan designed for their specific needs. I can recommend without hesitation the services of Invisible Fitness for any wellness improvement endeavor.”
W. David Suchar
Fire & Safety Supervisor
Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Humboldt Bay Power Plant
“Fitness, health and wellness should be a priority issue for all of us. With rising health care costs and increased focus on performance and productivity from employees, it is definitely an area of concern for industry.
J.J. Flizanes brings a fresh perspective and new meaning to the terms “working out” and “eating right.” It doesn’t have to be a task of torture or one of depriving yourself to achieve healthy results.
J.J. not only promotes and reinforces a healthy lifestyle, she showed our employees how to do it, how to empower themselves to be proactive and take personal responsibility in impacting the outcome of their quality of life. This presentation was not just a “sit-in-your-chair” and listen presentation. J.J. had our employees actively engaged and involved in an exercise session. When I saw 200 field employees on the floor following J.J. through a series of exercises, it was a true testament to her unique and inspiring approach to have a strong, positive impact with the group. Each employee also walked away with their own individually developed 30, 60 and 90-day Goal Plan that centered around nutrition, fitness and overall wellness.
Even those individuals who were apprehensive and resistant before the presentation had nothing but positive comments afterwards.
Overall, what you get from J.J. Flizanes is compelling, practical applications for any person or organization facing what many would call an “impossible challenge.” The individual coaching sessions offered after the presentation are value-added in that they continue to keep the awareness level up, make individuals accountable to themselves in regard to their Goal Plan and provide encouragement and support to individuals who may continue to struggle with these issues.
Thank you J.J. for making a difference,”
PG&E – Safety, Health & Claims
Safety Supervisor – Area 6
Call now to set up your program!
1 800 571 5722